A SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
It is The Museum’s desire to protect the privacy of children using the Internet. As a result, persons age 13 and under (“Children”) are not eligible to use or purchase goods or services through the Site or submit personally identifiable information through the Site unless supervised by a parent or guardian. Teenagers should check with their parents/guardians before entering information on any website. If you are the parent or guardian of a child age 13 or under who you believe has submitted personal information to us, please contact us and we will take appropriate steps to remove such information from our files.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
A. Personally Identifiable Information
If you choose to donate or to purchase goods through the Site, you will be required to provide certain personal information and authorization. In addition to using such information to process purchases or donations, we use the information to assist us in customizing the Site to better service your needs. Information you will be asked to provide may include the following:
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Credit card number
- Home and business phone and/or fax numbers
In addition to providing the foregoing information, if you choose to correspond further with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protection for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received by mail and telephone.
If you prefer to mail in a donation, please mail payment to P.O. Box 220, Henryetta, OK, 74437.
B. Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We also collect Internet traffic information through cookies, pixel tags and/or other data files. This information includes browser type, dates and times of access, pages visited, number of page views and domain specific information.
C: Creative Content
Occasionally we may conduct contests or solicit creative content from you. If you provide creative content (“Work”) we may retain the Work you submit. Some contests require additional information, such as school, teacher, school address or other information. If collected, this information may be retained in the manner specified above.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION THAT WE OBTAIN?
We use non-personally identifiable information for demographics and statistical analytics purposes. This information does not identify users with particularity and is strictly used to track visitor trends and analyze metrics related to the Site.
If you voluntarily provide personally identifiable information we will maintain that information in a database. Credit card information is discarded after use and not retained. If you voluntarily choose to opt-in to our mailing program, your e-mail or mailing address will be added to our mailing lists and you may receive periodic notifications of various events. You will always have the option to “unsubscribe” from future correspondence.
Work that is submitted is placed in the The Museum archives. If the Work was the winning entry in a contest the Work may be displayed in the The Museum museum as part of an exhibit.
RIGHTS IN SUBMITTED WORK
By submitting Work to The Museum you agree to and do hereby grant The Museum a perpetual, royalty free worldwide non-exclusive license to reprint, republish, reproduce, distribute copies, display publicly, perform publicly, create or reproduce derivative works, or incorporate the Work into one or more collective works. You further agree that these rights may be exercised in all media and formats whether now known or hereafter devised. These rights include the right to make such modifications as are technically necessary to exercise the rights in other media and formats.
The terms of this section shall apply notwithstanding the terms with respect to third party marketers.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
1. Information Security. We utilize security measures and a third-party secure service provider to safeguard the confidentiality of personal information we collect from unauthorized access or disclosure and accidental loss, alteration or destruction. If you provide credit card information, the information is used one time for the purpose you specified and then deleted.
2. Evaluation of Information Protection Practices. Periodically, our operations and business practices are reviewed for compliance with industry standards, policies and procedures governing the security, confidentiality and quality of our information.
3. Employee Access, Training and Expectations. Our corporate values, ethical standards, policies and practices emphasize the protection of personal information. In general, our business practices limit employee and/or volunteers access to confidential information, and limit the use and disclosure of such information to authorized persons, processes and transactions.
4. What About Legally Compelled Disclosure of Information? We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so. If we, in good faith, believe that the law requires disclosure for the protection of our legal rights we may disclose your information to the proper authorities.
Although we take measures to keep your information private and secure, no security measure is perfect. By using the Site you agree that we are not responsible for (i) any disclosure of your personal information made by you to a third party through your use of the Site; (ii) any disclosure of your personal information obtained illegally from us; or (iii) any accidental disclosure of your personal information made by us.
The Site is provided “as is” without a warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use, and/or non-infringement. The Museum shall not be responsible or liable for any damage that may occur due to your use of the Site or from downloading any data or other content from the Site.